With every passing year a set of people belonging to the Flat Earth Society, have reasons to believe that the shape of the earth is generally flat. And they also claim that NASA is keeping this a secret from the world so that they don’t reach the edge and tumble over. Now, we have assembled some amusing flat earth memes that have been trolling the internet, which is coming straight from people’s vision and these memes could really put these flat-earthers into thinking.
More Info: LiveScience
1. Flat-earthers claim that photos of the universe are actually photoshopped.
2. Their theory is that the earth is a disc, where the Arctic Circle in the middle and the Antartica, with all its ice surrounding it.
3. And this ice is protecting people from climbing it and falling off the disc.
4. A survey has shown that 66% of people believe that the earth is round, 16% are not sure, 2% doubt it, and only 2% believe it’s flat, the rest 14% are not bothered.
5. Moreover, they feel that the gravity of earth is an illusion, as objects don’t rush down, but upwards.
6. Rapper and singer Bobby Ray Simmons Jr had tweeted in 2016, “No matter how high in elevation you are… the horizon is always eye level … sorry cadets… I didn’t wanna believe it either.”
7. Many flat-earthers have been researching to prove that the earth is really flat and that’s how memes have been created to prove their point.
8. Compared to people who believe that the earth is flat, the flat-earthers are more adamant in their belief.
9. They also believe that conspiracy arises, as humans are prone to distinguish invisible forces at work.
10. Flat-Earthers Society held a Flat Earth International Conference, which was attended by 500 people.
11. According to science and of course, Stephen Hawking, that in the next 100 years, we all have to escape earth.
12. Their contradiction is, that if the earth is speeding through space, then why the ocean’s water doesn’t wobble.
13. Well, if these people who believe that the earth is flat are all a hoax then we need to have something evident to replace it before we dismiss them.
14. The psychology of conspiracy is to make sure and be certain of the truth, rather than trust memes.
15. It basically boosts up the self-esteem of those who believe that the earth is flat and it gives them a good feeling.
16. This society simply hates NASA and have no faith in science or the scientists.
17. Earth being round is understood then why the earth everybody walks around is flat?
18. The concept of the earth being flat is considered to be a conspiracy theory by the flat-earthers.
19. Most of the flat-earthers believe that the earth’s disc below is composed of rocks.
20. As kids, we may have all studied that the earth is round, but most us have always been doubtful about the functioning of gravity. Isn’t it?
21. Well, it becomes very difficult to change, once the conspiracy theory gets drilled into someone.
22. These flat-earthers think that airplanes actually fly in circles and not in a straight line.
23. In spite of 2000 years of scientific observation, flat-earthers belief cannot be ignored, as they are not mad people.
24. Definitely, there is some sense to what they say and believe because surely it’s coming from the knowledge they’ve garnered from somewhere, maybe the memes on internet?
25. Many of them are inspired by the Bible verses, which states the earth is flat.
26. Hence, with this type of mindset, they never trust anything that comes from NASA.
27. Plenty of trolling takes place on the videos and memes that are being uploaded on the internet, from where this theory of a flat earth is stemming.
28. According to them, until the 19th century, no one even knew or uttered the word ‘Dinosaur.’ Searching for fossils began in this century only.
29. One more argument is, if the earth was round then an airplane would continually adjust the nose of the airplane downwards so that it doesn’t fly straight into space.
30. So, if a level is a level then the flight is in level, so is the nose of the plane then, of course, the earth’s surface is definitely in level.
31. This November 15th to 16th, there will be the Flat Earth International Conference in Denver, and 1500 attendees are expected. Hmmm..
32. So, these people feel that all this while they have lied about a round earth and they are just trying to wake people up via such memes.
33. Another example they give via memes of approaching a large body of water and holding a ruler to the horizon. Well, it’s flat from every angle.
34. Though people argue of the earth being flat, on the other hand, the theory of it being round is yet to be proven.
35. This theory seems to be very logical if earth spins 1000 miles per hour on its axis, then a powerful wind should be blowing from one direction exclusively.
36. Every year the membership of the flat-earthers grow by 200, since 2009. And the trolling of such videos on the internet, claiming the earth is flat has been going rapidly.
37. We all live in a world, where we see what is real and what’s not real, so we must trust our senses and not some stupid trolling videos or jerk talking. Because science is just an excuse for people to be stupid.
38. Imagine in the next 10 years, how many will be trolling and joining flat-earthers society and what the outcome will be?