How far can a guy or a girl go to achieve what he/she wants? Or rather, how much are you willing to spend to become something unique? Well, meet Christian Riel, the merman who spent $1,581 to become a merman and trust me, he literally looks like one. This 24-year-old college student is becoming everyone’s favorite after getting a merman tail for himself and that too for $1,581. The amount may not look big to some people but for a college going guy, it’s huge. But nothing can come in between you and your dreams if you decide to achieve it.
See more: Instagram
Here is everything about Christian Riel, the guy who spent $1,581 to become a merman!
1. This guy literally looks like a real merman.
2. Seems like spending $1,581 wasn’t a bad idea.
3. Christian Riel was inspired after seeing The Little Mermaid as a child.a
4. He spent $1,581 on this tail and it actually works.
5. This guy is a college student and wears his $1,581 tail whenever he feels like.
6. With more than 7k followers on Instagram, this merman is becoming famous.
7. In an interview, Christian said, “Disney’s Little Mermaid made me discover my love for the ocean and the sea.”
8. “I’ve lived in Florida for two years and drove out to the ocean whenever I had the time.”
9. “I just love sitting by the shore and love swimming in the salty sea water.”
10. As of now, Christian is part of a group with similars mermen and mermaids.
11. Talking about this group, he says, “About two years ago, I found some mermaid/merman Instagram pages and that’s when I realized I [wanted] to be a merman, too.”
12. The way this guy followed his passion and spent $1,581 shows how awesome he is.
13. It’s important to accept who you are and do what you love.
14. Can Disney actually make a movie with a merman as the protagonist?
15. “I love the water and I love swimming with and without the tail. Wearing it makes you so much faster and it’s just an awesome feeling of liberty.”
16. He was inspired by the Australian TV show H2O: Just Add Water and came with the final design for his tail.
17. When asked how he is treated in public, the merman says, “Public pools don’t allow regular fins so they wouldn’t allow mermaid tails, but I do have my own pool and I love to swim in lakes and in the ocean.”
18. As one can expect that the $1,581 tail can sometimes get really uncomfortable for him and he accepts the same.
19. “I suffer from pain in my ankles when wearing my tail longer than an hour and after a couple of hours swimming my eyesight gets blurry because of salty sea water or chloride.”
20. “I’m just happy that all my friends and family love me being a fish and love to go swimming with me and enjoy taking one hundred pictures of me as a creature from the deep blue sea.”
21. “I love my life; not just because I love being a merman, but because I always do what I want to do and what I love to do. I guess that’s why I’m such a happy fish.”
22. “Most people are super sweet, interested and want to take pictures. I’ve never had to deal with any negative reactions.”
23. Spending $1,581 is not really a big deal but people don’t always understand why would any guy do anything as such.
24. This guy proves its okay to be unique and definitely great to be a merman.
25. In just $1,581 this guy achieved his dream and became a merman. What are you waiting for?